Making lunches at the campground easy for you and the whole family is a must this spring. You don’t want to get caught up spending your entire vacation making food for everyone, which is why this camping recipe for easy BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches will help you make meals easy.
- 1 18 oz bottle BBQ sauce
- 1/2 c. amber beer or root beer
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Desired toppings
- Wash and dry your produce.
- Chop the green onions and separate the white from the greens. Peel and mince the garlic.
- Combine the BBQ sauce, white of the green onions, dried minced onion, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and parsley in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chicken breasts to a 5-qt. slow cooked.
- Pour the sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- You can then put the chicken in the fridge to take to the campground for easy lunches. Just toast a bun, add two slices of cooked bacon, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, or any other toppings you might like.