Are you looking for a great foil packet dinner you can make at the campground that the whole family will love? These chicken bacon ranch foil packets are the perfect camping recipe for this fall. This camping recipe is packed with flavor and protein to refuel you and your whole family after a day on the trails.
Recipe adapted from one on DinnerAtTheZoo.Com
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Wash and dry the potatoes and parsley.
- Halve and quarter the potatoes and roughly chop the parsley.
- Over your fire in a cast-iron skillet and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- While the bacon cooks, set aside four squares of foil for the packets and coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, ranching seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes and coat in 4 tbsps of the ranch butter. Stir to coat.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper all over. Add a chicken breast to the center of each of the foil squares.
- Divide the potatoes among the packets surrounding the chicken.
- Drizzle the remaining butter over the chicken and seal the packets to prevent steam from escaping.
- Add to the grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- Open the packets and sprinkle cheese over the contents.
- Return the packets to the grill and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Top the packets with crumbled bacon and a pinch of parsley.
- Serve hot!
Contact us today to get a great deal on an RV with an amazing kitchen.